To visit our website click the link above.
- ABOUT US
- We are arcticaweb.com Web Design company out of Montreal, Canada. We develop top-quality, informative, fast loading and easy-to-navigate Web pages with sharp, high-quality graphics.
- We DO NOT use templates. Each one of our Web Design projects and coding is custom built to fit YOUR needs, with easy extending and modification possibilities.
- Our team of certified Web Design programmers work very closely with each client during all stages of the creation process to build a Website that meets the company's specific needs and goals.
- Excellent communication with our clients on a one-on-one basis enables us to create distinctive Web pages reflecting each company's unique style. We do not confuse you with "IT jargons". In our relationship with the client, any suggestion or solution is explained in understandable terms.
- We specialize in creating websites and databases for small- and medium-sized businesses.
- Very thorough analysis of all information, attention to detail and "going the extra mile" with our work allows us to develop solutions with great quality and reliability. Proper graphic optimizing provides the best quality graphics with minimized loading time.
- Our graphics team creates Web pages that have esthetically pleasing and innovative designs.
- When you choose our company to build your Website we will supply you with all of the services and advice related to Web
Design, throughout the entire process. From the selection and registration of your domain name, to the promotion of your Web pages and maintenance, you will have a single point of contact: your Website creation coordinator or project manager.
- Our web design services include :
- database connectivity,
- e-commerce, stores on-line, shopping carts etc...,
- e-mail guest books and contact forms,
- internet promotion,
- website maintenance,
- price quotes and more ...
- Graphic services :
- logo design,
- custom graphics ,
- gif animations ,
- advertising banners ,
- picture correction and adaptation for internet ,
- Flash and more...
- TEXT CONTENT
- If you conduct your business in province of Quebec you should have your website done in both languages.
We have translators and proof readers on our web site creation virtual team.
- SERVICES: DATABASE DEVELOPMENT
- INTEGRATED DATABASES
- Since database development moved in the field of database-driven Websites, businesses discovered the practical advantages of such Web solutions. Demand for databases that can be modified, navigated or updated through the Internet has increased dramatically in recent years. Just the fact that you can access a database, retrieve information and build on-the-fly Web pages displaying query results with one mouse click, makes database-driven Websites very attractive from your clients' point of view. In today's business it is crucial to have easy and fast access to the information contained in your company database. The possibilities in how the integrated database can be used to your company's advantage are countless.
- SIZES & APPLICATIONS
- For the three size categories of database creation, we mostly use: - Microsoft® Access: to develop databases that are relatively small and simple,- Microsoft® SQL™ and MySQL™: to develop medium size databases, - Oracle®: for the development of complex and larger
databases. Cost increases with the complexity of the database itself and the application used for database development.
- Our database creation team builds databases that are easy to operate and are logically designed to assure the most ergonomic work environment. We add customized graphics in database interfaces, to create a pleasant and undisturbed application in which to
work. We focus our attention to develop databases that are: well designed, easy to use and navigate and look appealing. Working very close with our clients allows us to create databases that exactly match a company's needs and preferences.
- RELATED SERVICES
- We also offer our services as EXTERIOR CONSULTANTS. We perform database maintenance either on a contractual or as-needed basis. Database corrections, modifications and maintenance are charged per
hour. WE PROVIDE FULL TRAINING ON HOW TO USE OUR DATABASES.
- SERVICES: E-COMMERCE SOLUTIONS
- E-Commerce Solutions are part of Web
Design services, but because it's important role in Web design, we decided to dedicate this page to point out some issues related to that matter.
- Setting up an E-Commerce store is not a simple task. There are so many choices on the market offering software and services. There are several steps to go through in the process:- Applying for a merchant bank account - Choosing Web hosting that is compatible with major E-Commerce providers - Obtaining a digital certificate (Secure Socket Layer or secure Electronic Transactions) to protect transferred data - Finding a provider of on-line transactions - Developing or purchasing shopping cart software - Deciding on the method of payment. More options for payment and a greater selection of ways to order allowed on your Website will result in an increased number of orders. Therefore, options other than credit card transactions should be made available and mentioned on your Web site. For instance, a customer may prefer to place their order and communicate payment information via phone or fax.
- When considering launching a new store on the Internet or extending existing services to the Internet, it is important to keep in mind that not only do you need an E-Commerce Solution but you also need an entire E-Commerce Strategy. The work does not end with the publishing of your shopping Website. You will want other sites to provide links to your site, to advertise on high traffic Web pages, to develop associate programs or study your competitors' Websites to find your competitive advantage and what you need to do to make sure you're always one step ahead of them. In order to be a successful on-line retailer you must combine your Internet strategy with traditional methods of advertisement. Another very important task to accomplish is to establish credibility. Here are a few ways to help you with that: - Register with Verisign® and TRUSTe - Include your full address (not just a P.O. Box) - Contact information or testimonials from your clients.
- SERVICES: CONSULTING
- INTEGRATED DATABASES
- The field of database driven Web sites is the most complex and there is much room for improvement. This area of
web design has the greatest demand for our services and expertise. Integrated databases enhance usefulness of your Website for employees working at, or away from the main office. Constant and easy access to your company's database will increase the speed and efficiency of your employees and will raise the quality of the services offered by your company. More clients find database-driven Websites to be the bests solution that meets their needs.
Something what was once limited to big companies specialized in on-line reservations, on-line stores etc., is now widely used by even smallest companies with the most basic Websites. With the wide variety of databases and connectivity technologies available on the market, it is to your advantage to hire a professional.
- Web consulting is one of the main Web design services we provide. Our services cover everything related to creating new Websites, redesigning or modifying existing ones or finding the Web solution for most complex e-commerce database driven Web pages. Those services include server-side Web development and client-side Web page support and functionality.
- SEARCH ENGINES
- We also offer consulting services in optimizing Websites for the search engines and site promotion including link exchange strategies. We can modify your Website to be more friendly for Web spiders to reach the best possible listing. Another issue to be considered when promoting your Website is the relatively new link popularity criteria that is used to judge which site is most useful.
- PROCESS: 1. ANALYSIS
- In the early phases of the Website design process we gather all possible information about the future Website or database. Among other things, we will answer the following questions: What kind of Website do you need? What actions should the code perform? Do you need a database-driven site? Do you require interaction with the viewer, and if so, what kind of interaction? Who are we targeting as a client? Do you need feedback from the client? etc. There are a lot of questions to be answered. That is why in this phase of the
web design process the cooperation between us and the client is the most intense. During this time we will also ask you to supply us with the materials regarding the Website content including text and pictures.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- We will assign a single point of contact to be your
web design coordinator throughout the creation of your Website or database, and your coordinator will be aware of all the details relating to the entire project.
We will only change your web design coordinator if requested to do so.
- This is also the time when we select and register your domain name (this is one of the first steps). Selecting the right name is very important and will greatly influence the success of the Website.
Deciding what platform to develop your application on, and choosing your hosting services also takes place during the analysis phase.
If your company needs a database-driven Website we will have to select an application for database development. Any functionality of your Website also has to be discussed at this stage.
- We want to gain a complete understanding of the company's needs, the Website and its future clientele. With all the collected information and in-depth knowledge of the requirements we will move on to the
Web Design phase.
- PROCESS: 2.
- Defining a clear and logical Website structure, as well as using key words and key phrases in the site's naming will benefit in search engine results. It will also simplify the maintenance process, including making any modifications and updates.
- We believe that every company has its own unique style that makes it stand out among others. The company's Website should match with the company's style. The graphical port of Website design requires close cooperation between the client and us. We will present you with several graphical layout options for your pages. Once you select your layout, we will discuss
colors, style and any other issues that define the appearance of the site. Designed and created custom graphics will blend in with the style of the Website. Effects used in your design (for example MouseOver effects, animations, changing positioning of the elements, highlighting etc.) will bring some life to your pages.
- Designing the functions to be performed by Web pages on the client machine (client side), and those processed on the server (server side) is another part of logical Website design of the application, and it takes place in parallel to the graphical design. The amount of coding used to process information varies from one Website to another and depends on what kind of client interaction your Website is expected to perform. A simple Web page which acts like an online brochure hardly needs any programming, but it gets more complicated when your customer will search your company's database to find the desired product and either reserves or buys it on-line. There are other things to be taken into consideration at this stage: Meta tags (some search engines list the results base on them), frames, forms, tables etc.
- KEY PHRASES
- Designing your Website to be listed on the first pages of the search results requires thoughtful placement of the key words or rather key phrases in the entire Website's structure. That is the reason why we have to determine key phrases to be used in your Web pages, right from the beginning.
- PROCESS: 3. WEB DEVELOPMENT
- With designed layout, structure and application we can start the actual development of your Website. Using HTML we will write the code to tell the browser how the content of your Web pages should be displayed on the screen. This includes the positioning of all the elements, colour, size, links to other pages, display of the form content, defining tables, frames, formatting text and more ... What makes Web site development interesting is that the way in which the browsers (Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, etc.) position the Web page content and display the font style and size, varies from one to another. Browsers made by this same manufacturer but in another version do not support this same functionality. The fact that there are also browsers made by same manufacturer but for different platforms (Windows, Mac, etc.) makes
web design even more challenging.
- Server side coding is more sophisticated than the client side and involves: processing form data, sending e-mail, navigating and manipulating database, creating on-fly pages, the list of possibilities is endless. Depending on the platform and the environment, different languages and technologies are used for server side development.
- We built databases.
Technology used to establish connection to the database varies in different environments and servers.
- PROCESS: 4. WEBSITE DEPLOYMENT
- The previous phase was completed on a testing server, where the Website was developed and pre-tested. In the
web design phases, deployment of your Web pages requires the most patience and thoroughness. We will upload the entire structure of your Website on the working server and begin testing.
- During this phase, the following tests are performed repeatedly by different members of our team: testing paths, links, client side functions, correcting spelling in text content checking database connections, server side coding, making sure that the code performs the intended actions the way they were intended to act, viewing Web pages in different browsers on different platforms, etc.
- SEARCH ENGINES
- Our Web site design services include the submission of your Web pages to the search engines and indexes after all final corrections have been made and testing is completed. *** That is one of the most important steps, clients have to see what your company has to offer. You will reach more potential customers if your company's Website has a better ranking in the search results in your category.
- *** Unfortunately you will have to wait on average between 6 to 8 weeks before you will see your Website in the search results after the first submission.
- When the publishing is done your company's presence on the World Wide Web is a fact. The amount of possibilities in conducting your business will be increased significantly. You have access to the worldwide market without borders or time limits.
If you do not need worldwide audience because your business has a local character or range, you submit your Web pages to the local search engines and target new clientele with your message posted in your neighborhood 24 hours a day. It is then time to take advantage of another Web site design service we offer: maintenance.
- PROCESS: 5. WEBSITE MAINTENANCE
- SEARCH ENGINES
- Monitoring search engine results, and adjusting your Website to get and maintain good listings is a continuous task. Looking for new key phrases and new ways to include them in your Web pages code and content will help you to be always a step ahead of your competition.
- A Website IS NOT a static object, it evolves reflecting changes in your company or the way in which you conduct your business. It grows when the company extends its offered services, or increases the number of products. It becomes smaller when you decide that your company will limit the amount of offered services or narrow the field of company's expertise.
- Maintenance of your Website is performed based on different levels of simplicity and frequency of the changes required:
- Basic: Frequently resubmitting your Web pages to the search engines, checking that everything works the way it was intended to etc.
- Medium: Once in a while you might want to replace the old content with an updated version or simply remove old information, create new advertising animations, change the content of the marquees or banners, publish a weekly news letter etc.
- Main: You probably would add a completely new section because your company expanded to a new field, or redesign the entire Website because of dramatic changes to your business, etc.
- Your project coordinator will be at your service to make any updates or modifications to the Website or database. Since this is the person who knows your project the best he or she will be your direct link to our company. The quality of our product, clear lines of communication during the entire process of creating the Website and the way we provide follow-up services and professional advice, always leads to a long term relationship with our client.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Question 1. Whom else do I have to contact to complete the process of website development ?
- Answer 1. You DO NOT have to call anyone else, we will take care of the entire process of creating the website. We will publish and promote it on internet and we offer maintenance services.
- Q 2. How long it takes to create a website ?
- A 2. It depends mostly on two factors: how
complex and big the website will be and how fast the client will supply us with the materials for the web page content. Medium size website should not take longer then 6 to 8 weeks.
- Q 3. Who owns the website ?
- A 3. After you purchase the website it is simply yours, and you will decide what to do to with it and who will take care of the site maintenance.
- Q 4. Some companies have templates, do you offer them as well?
- A 4. No, we do not have templates, all our websites and databases are custom made to reflect the corporation image and to exactly fit company's needs.
- Q 5. Do you use one of those programs to automatically submit the web pages to the search engines ?
- A 5. No, first we optimize the website for search engines and indexes then we submit them manually. Thoughtful submission of the website to the right search engines in the right categories is most effective.
- Q 6. Can you guarantee first position in the search results ?
- A 6. No, and no one can. It is possible to get the first
position in the search engine results, but there are to many factors to
consider in the process that you can not guarantee it.
- Q 7. What exactly are site statistics, how to obtain them ?
- A 7. Site statistics contain information about your website, traffic,
referrers and visitors. Most of the web hosting companies have that service
available, and is already included in their price.
- Q 8. Do you offer hosting services ?
- A 8. At the moment we do not provide website hosting, but we can
refer you to one of the companies we cooperate with.
- Q 9. E-Commerce what does it mean ?
- A 9. E-Commerce is an
abbreviation for Electronic Commerce. It allows you to purchase products or services
through internet, using credit cards.
- Q 10. What involves website maintenance ?
- A 10. Basically everything what is done to the existing web pages after is published and tested for the first time. We
refer you to the maintenance page for more information.
- Q 11. How much web site will
- A 11. Cost varies depends on what kind of website do you need, what functionality will the website have, what kind of interaction with the
visitor website will provide? The more information we have the better we can determine the overall cost of the project. Please send us necessary information with our Price Quote form.
- Q 12. What kind of materials do you need from us ?
- A 12. Usually the client supplies us with text content of the website and pictures of the company, services, products,
equipment, etc... If you need a website in more than one language, we offer translation services.
- Q 13. Will it be possible to view the progress of website development ?
- A 13. Yes, we will make it possible for you to follow the progress of web
through the internet. We will either set up the account with password for you to be able to view the web pages or will give you the url of subfolder in which your website will reside during
- Q 14. How can we get a domain name ?
- A 14. After helping you choose a right name will assist you to purchase a domain name. You buy
exclusive rights to use your domain name, this services has to be renewed, because it expires usually after 1, 2, 3, 5 or 10 years,
depends of the package you chose. There is a number of companies to choose from.
- Q 15. Will you redesign our website ?
- A 15. Yes, we will. Among our website design services redesign of the existing website is
usually less expensive, and less time consuming than creating an entirely new website.
- Q 16. Can you set up merchant account ?
- A 16. No, we do not provide this service, we can
refer you to few companies which do.
- Q 17. I need personal website will you build it for me?
- A 17. Yes, we do create family, event and personal websites.
Tel.: (514) 369-9932 Tel.: (866) 369-9932
Fax: (514) 933-9192 arcticaweb.com web design
4141 Sherbrooke Ouest, Suite 650, Westmount, Quebec, H3Z 1B8
© Copyright by ArcticaWeb. All
rights reserved. Montreal 2001-2005